Mouse over icons for more details:
• Made from 40 mil (.040) thick aluminum, the face is laminated with a Glo Brite photoluminescent film.
• Spot signs in a black-out. Great for emergency procedures. Sign absorbs light by day and glows at night.
• GlowSmart™ photoluminescent do not require electricity. Increasingly, they are replacing electrical or battery-driven signs. You avoid the hassles of battery or bulb replacement and the expense of wiring. Also, after the end of a blackout, you can quickly return to building (and not wait for a battery pack to laboriously recharge).
• GlowSmart™ photoluminescent signs meets and exceeds the stringent New York City Building Code (Ref. Std. RS 6-1 and RS 6-1A). Moreover, GlowSmart™ signs meet the new ASTM activation test procedures recently passed in August of 2007. The luminance specification (E2072) has always required that signs meet the following measurements: 20 mcd/m2 (milli candela per square meter) after 10 minutes in full darkness; and, 2.8 mcd/m2 (milli candela per square meter) after 60 minutes in full darkness.
• Aluminum signs do not rust, corrode or bend. In addition it tolerates 1 hour exposure to the following reagents: water, 10% salt water, bleach, trichloroethylene, 25% sulfuric acid, 1% sodium hydroxide, diesel fuel, hydraulic fuel, 50% antifreeze, and mineral spirits. They have predrilled mounting holes and rounded corners.