Keeping contamination in check in the kitchen can be tricky but it can be managed if you adopt a few preventive measures as listed below:
1. Limit the number of staff members in the kitchen by implementing shift rotations.
2. Make the use of masks and gloves mandatory, in accordance with the guidelines issued by the CDC, FDA, OSHA, and relevant local authorities.
3. Maintain an adequate stock of cleaning supplies and EPA-recommended disinfectants.
4. Ensure strict compliance of a comprehensive cleaning and disinfecting procedure that is repeated multiple times a day and takes into account all contact surfaces including doorknobs and switchboards, dishware and utensils, counters, floors, etc.
5. Educate and train the staff, and use proper COVID safety signage
to remind them of frequent handwashing, respiratory etiquette, and maintaining social distancing.
6. Ensure all food is handled at the recommended temperature, and thoroughly cleaned before preparation.
You may refer to the FDA guidelines
for more details.