Workplace Safety > Hazard Communication Quiz > Question 15
This symbol warns against which of the following hazards?
(A) Hazardous to both living and non-living material
(B) Dangerous liquid, don't touch
Give me a hint
Containers of hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid) and sodium hydroxide (lye) would have this symbol.
Show me the Answer
Correct answer is:
A corrosive substance can eat through metals and destroy living tissue. A corrosive sign warns the individual to prevent breathing of vapors and mists, and avoid any contact with eyes, skin, and clothing.