While parks and playgrounds possess the risk of spread, they are essential for the physical and mental well-being of individuals, especially children. Safety can be ensured by practicing social distancing in the following ways:
- Install proper social distancing signage for parks & playgrounds
throughout the area, to remind people to stay six-feet apart, practice respiratory hygiene, use face masks/coverings, and stay home if sick.
- Ensure proper maintenance and frequent cleaning and disinfection of the play area, play equipment, and restrooms.
- Frequently disinfect hard surfaces such as gates, handles, handrails, benches, etc.
- Cancel/discontinue/modify group events.
- Educate and train the staff about the preventive measures and the safety practices and protocols to be followed.
Please refer to the CDC guidelines for parks and recreational facilities
for more details.