There are several ways in which social distancing can be practiced in gyms. You can:
- Restrict the number of people in the gym at a time.
- Space out gym equipment to maintain the six-feet distance
- Replace real-time classes with virtual classes where possible.
- Discontinue services such as locker and shower rooms.
- Discontinue formats like bench press that require spotters.
- Reduce the number of people in group sessions or switch to online sessions.
- Make the use of masks essential.
- Implement thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Request patrons to disinfect each equipment before and after use.
- Install relevant signs and floor decals explaining social distancing and safety guidelines at all high-contact and highly visible points across the facility.
- Ensure an adequate supply of soap, sanitizers, and disinfectants.