Each barn should have rules posted and enforced, whether it is equine animal liability law or general barn rules.
Lack of awareness and attention can not only cause harm to self but also jeopardize the safety of the animal. Take this quiz to know how easily common mistakes can be avoided at the barn.
After this quiz, barn and arena managers, maintenance personnel, handlers, riders, etc. will doubly ensure safety by inspecting equipment and reviewing safety practices.
Think you're already a barn safety expert?
The questions below are just a preview of what you'll be tested on in our quiz. Do YOU already know the answers?
|Grade||Number of Tests|
• Does barn flooring have any effect on the fitness of a horse?
• Why should gasoline or diesel fuel NOT be stored in a barn?
• What is the speed limit for vehicles on roadways in barn area?
• Which plants are toxic and which ones are non-toxic for horses around the barn?
• How should one open stall doors?