Not one but many hazards await workers between filling, emptying, and inspecting the materials inside of a storage silo. One has to be really careful around automatic unloading equipment.
Moving grain acts like "quicksand" and can bury a worker in seconds. Even the atmosphere in silos can be dangerous and you can die of grain bin suffocation.
Comply with OSHA standards and prevent yourself from becoming a part of the sorry statistics and exorbitant fines. This Grain Silo Safety Quiz is designed for employees, contractors, subcontractors, and everyone else involved in grain handling and storage.
Think you're already a grain silo expert?
The questions below are just a preview of what you'll be tested on in our quiz. Do YOU already know the answers?
|Grade||Number of Tests|
• What is the minimum age to enter grain storage structures?
• Are grain silos considered confined spaces?
• The worker inside the bin can completely rely on one person outside the grain bin to assist? True or False
• What should be the Oxygen level inside grain silo to stay safe?
• Can you name two Silo gases?